Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More firsts!

As I type, we're getting ready for tonight's flight to Minneapolis -- Davey's first flight. We are praying that he sleeps through the majority of the flight, and will happily nurse during takeoff and descent. Wish us luck!

Before we go -- more firsts!

Yesterday afternoon, Mark fed Davey from a bottle for the first time. Woo hoo! I've been trying pumping for a couple weeks, but with no luck on getting him to eat it. We figured out that my milk is turning sour (soapy smelling -- ICK) pretty much as soon as it cools. What a bummer! From what I've learned, this is due to extra lypase hormone in my milk and it can be neutralized by scalding the milk before letting it cool. So I scalded yesterday morning's milk and Davey was willing to drink it from a bottle that afternoon. Ahhh...

And last, but not least, tonight's other first... Davey just started laughing when I was tickling and nibbling on his belly. Yay -- how cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment