Friday, January 12, 2007

Dulce de Leche Brownies

I was inspired today to get back in to baking. Woo hoo! So I went for it with an incredible recipe by David Lebovitz: Dulce de Leche brownies. The first step was to make dulce de leche, which turned out to be quite easy. Then, once Mark was home for the evening, I made the brownies. They don't even require that many dishes...

When I went to the pantry to get out the ingredients, I saw I had a package of dried, tart cherries. I thought they couldn't be a bad addition, so in they went, after a bit of chopping, along with some toasted, chopped pecans. Oh, these brownies are so rich and delicious... come on over and have one!

1 comment:

  1. I suspected you were having chocolate cravings when I read the electronic birthday card you sent me (thank you, BTW)! YUM!

    ReplyDelete