Thursday, July 10, 2008

My name is Day-yee


My name is David, originally uploaded by jessicafm.

Last night, rocking in his chair and reading bedtime stories, Davey pointed outside and said "Dad'n" (Daddy) and then pointed to himself and said, "Day'm". Did I hear right? Did he just say his name for the first time? "Yes, that's right, your name is David," I exclaimed with joy. "Day-yum," he replied. And then we went on reading stories.

This morning I asked him, "What's your name?" He replied, quickly, "Day-yum." The joy that Marina and I showed had him saying it again, slightly differently. I got him to say his name three or four times, until Mark heard. Each time a little variant on David or Davey... but he's doing it. The last attempt is pictured here, where Marina is holding him and he's pointing to his chest and saying, "Day-yee."

No comments:

Post a Comment