Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sniffing flowers


Sniffing flowers, originally uploaded by jessicafm.

We had a little family outing today to Bolinas, where Mark purchased a VW bus. After the rain of the past couple weeks, today was a beautiful reprieve. Out at the coast, there was nary a breeze nor a cloud in the sky. It was in the high sixties, most likely, and the hills were green with flowers beginning to pop up. It was nearly spring-like!

Playing with the birdbath

While Mark inspected the bus and talked with the (now former) owner, Davey and I walked up and down the dirt road, looking at flowers statues, dogs, with me doing my best to keep Davey from dancing in the mud-puddles. I felt badly to keep him from splashing in the puddles, but I hadn't thought to bring a change of clothes for him and I couldn't let him get completely soaked and muddy so far from home. Soon, Davey, soon... your time in a mud-puddle will come!

After Mark bought the bus, Mark drove the bus and Davey and I followed behind in the truck. We stopped at Stinson Beach for lunch at the Parkside Cafe. Sadly, the Parkside Cafe, once one of the best breakfast joints around, was very disappointing and over-priced. Oh well -- all good things come to an end.

After the disappointing lunch, we stopped at the playground in the park for Davey to burn off some energy. He had fun on the slide, playing in the sand and meeting a 10-month-old boy. Davey and the other boy tentatively touched each other and sniffed flowers. It was very sweet!

Making a friend

On the way home, Davey and I stopped in Mill Valley to visit my uncle Jon Dreyer and check out his latest home rennovations. The new kitchen and redone floors look great!

And the weaning is going pretty well. So far we haven't nursed since he woke last Wednesday morning. He's been going to sleep a little easier each night and last night he woke at his usual 4am but went back to sleep pretty quickly and was up for the day about 6:20. I'm happy this is working, but it still makes me a bit sad. sigh

1 comment:

  1. those are so cute, i love the set where he's smelling the flowers

    ReplyDelete