Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Five Months Old!


It's mind-boggling to realize that Davey turned 5 months old today. It feels so much shorter than that but at the same time, I can't (and don't want to) imagine a time when he wasn't part of our lives. Our sweet little guy is simply the best!

He awoke this morning and was all smiles and laughs. All day long he was in a good mood and showing off his skills. Such as an all of a sudden mastery of several of the toys on his jumper. Well done!
While I went to the "office" (at the back of the house) to work, Mark took great care of Davey. When it was time for Davey to eat, Mark would bring him back to me. At one point, I fed Davey and he fell asleep in my lap as I was observing a usability test (that my colleague, Debra, was conducting). I just kept him during that time and let Mark get some stuff done. After a while, Davey woke, but wanted to help me work, so I let him!


He was very helpful and didn't distract at all. Once he was finished working, he let me know by falling asleep on me (again). Once he awoke, the usability test was over, Mark had gotten some of his work done, and it was time for lunch.

In honor of his birthday, we went out to lunch with Dad and Linda and tried out a new restaurant that's within walking distance from our house (once was Denny's, then a string of coffee shops, now called Peter's Restaurant). Dad and Linda go on tour tomorrow, so it was also a last chance for us to see each other until their return.


Davey definitely enjoyed the lunch, as did we all. The food was very good, and the prices reasonable. I had a B.LA.T. (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato sandwich) with a side salad, Mark had a hickory bacon burger with fries, Linda had a caesar salad with seared ahi and a bowl of minestrone and Dad had the calimari fritti and a cup of soup. Everyone enjoyed their food and the servings were ample. Nice to have another good restaurant so close to home.

Mark then dropped me off at home while he and Davey went to Sausalito Shirt Co. to drop off some merchandise and pick up some of Mark's work. By the time they returned from there, Davey was having a good late afternoon nap and I was nearly done with work.

I tried to get a video of Mark and Davey talking with each other, but I was too slow to get the camera. Darn! They were really cute! Then it was time for Davey's bath -- possibly his favorite time of the day. Lots of splashing, laughing and smiling. Then a quick change in to cozy jammies, some Pat the Bunny, Goodnight Moon, singing of lullabies and then a meal in the dark and Davey slipped off to dreamland.

All in all, it was a beautiful day with our beloved little boy. Mom warned me about this, and it's true: Every day I think, "He's so perfect right now. I don't want him to change." But then, the next day, he's even more wonderful. I'm looking forward to every future day with this little love bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment