Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh what fun to have a cold

Sunday afternoon, after a long afternoon of clothes shopping with Bonnie and I, Davey's nose started running like crazy. This continued through the night and through Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night his breathing sounded horrible and a cough caught on. Wednesday morning I woke up not being able to breathe out of one side of my nose, a sore throat and Mark commented that I'd snored loudly most of the night (unusual for me).

Ahhh... Davey and I are both sick. How fun!

As Davey has been clingy and all-mommy-all-the-time since Wednesday and I wasn't feeling well at all, I called in sick Wednesday and Thursday. I did, however, make a big pot of all-organic chicken/veggie/barley soup which we all ate Wednesday and Thursday. Davey mostly ate it by himself, not wanting any help, as he ate it one piece of barley or corn or pea or whatever at a time. As you can see, however, he liked it.

Last night Davey woke at 11:15 and by 11:30, I couldn't take the screaming and pitiful squealing. I got him out of bed, he ate a bit of soy yogurt and wanted to snuggle (or squeal) until I finally got him back to sleep at 2am. At which point, I collapsed in to bed. He did watch most of "Fur," (a movie about how Diane Arbus became a photographer) with me.

Then he woke us with more pitiful, and pained sounding, squeals starting at 4:30. Ugh.

I'm concerned now that he might be getting an ear infection, as the only thing that stops the squealing is extended mommy snuggling and even then he sometimes smacks his ears with his palms. Just waiting for the pediatrician's office to open now...

No comments:

Post a Comment