Tuesday, February 13, 2007

He sleeps



Yes, it's 5:15am and I'm awake, unlike the other inhabitants of our house. Davey has been sleeping, alone in his crib, since a little after 9 last night and has not woken up once! I checked on him a couple hours ago, and then 15 minutes ago, and he's O.U.T. but breathing (thank God). Somewhere in the night he flipped over on to his tummy. I know the AMA says to have babies sleep on their backs, but my doctor's office said that if he's rolling over on his own to try to relax and let him sleep the way he wants to sleep. So... here I sit, awake at 5:15, while Davey's been asleep for 8 hours straight for the first time.

Wow!

This gets easier, right? :-p

I suppose he has a right to be tired. We've had a couple of busy days in a row, and yesterday he didn't get as much napping in as he normally would.

Two days ago Davey and I went to visit Grandma Julia, Grandpa Mick and Uncle Jack at their house. It was a pretty day with big, puffy clouds and no rain. I put Davey in the Baby Bjorn so he, Mom and I could go for a walk. We went down to the chicken coop and Davey seemed to enjoy watching the chickens (his first time meeting 'em). Then we walked through the vineyard, looked at the berry patch and walked to the neighbors to see the horses. Funnily enough, by the time we got to the horses, Davey was fast asleep, taking a little afternoon nap. We enjoyed a nice visit there, seeing Jack's new room, the new garage configuration and enjoying good weather and conversations.

Yesterday Mark took Prescott and Rozzie for a visit to see Garrie in the hospital while Davey and I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods. They had a good visit with Garrie, and afterwards we went back to the Nicoll house. There, I set up iTunes on the kids' computer, Rozzie showed us about Club Penguin and Prescott and I played cribbage until Polly got home. Then we stayed around and had dinner with the family, and it was a very nice evening. Davey didn't get as much napping done as he normally would, so perhaps that explains the extra long sleep.

And hey, Davey's just waking up now, 9 hours after going to bed... the sweet boy! I'd better feed this sweet one. A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. That's the sweetest picture of Mark and Davey, Jess. I just love it!

    That's so awesome that he slept like that and I hope he keeps it up. I'll keep my fingers crossed. can you come train mine next? I'm glad you are doing well and that you are so happy!

    We love you guys!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete