Friday, February 23, 2007

139 days old, a new hat and some good news!

Wow, 139 days old and his personality is really coming out. He's pretty clear in communicating his needs. Or maybe I'm just getting better at interpreting them. Usually it's, "I'm hungry," or "I'm bored and am tired of sitting here." Sometimes it's, "I'm tired and fussy and if you feed me I'll fall asleep."



And every day I fall more in love with the little guy. It's really unbelievable. It's so bad, in fact, that I'm just a tiny bit disappointed that he sleeps 11 to 12 hours each night now, 'cause I wanna play with him more. Goofy, huh?

GREAT NEWS: In anticipation of going back to work on March 5, I spoke with my manager yesterday. I told him about my trepidation of going in to the office as much as before, in that it's so far from where Davey will be (an hour if there's no traffic), and said that I need to work at home more than before. After discussing it, we agreed that I'll work from home four days a week, going in to the office on Mondays (or whatever day works best). He's of the same mind as I: as long as the work gets done, it doesn't matter where I am. That is the best news! At first, Mark (or Mom or any other family and friend volunteers?) will take care of Davey while I'm working in the office at our house. This way I'll be able to get work done, but still be able to nurse him and play with him on breaks. Yes! I'm sure we'll need to hire a nanny at some point, to help out two or three days a week. But hopefully we can put that off for a little while, keeping Davey's care and well-being "in house."

Happy, happy, happy, happy...

1 comment:

  1. This is a terrific photo - love the hat! And that is amazing news - bless your boss!

    ReplyDelete