Monday, January 26, 2009

First day of school -- he loved it!

Happy to tell me about his day when I came to pick him up

I arrived to pick him up at 3:30 and Davey and his class were on the playground. The director of the school, Genevieve, said that he had a really good day, saying that he's really observant and "with it." She said lots of kids are a bit bewildered and lost their first few days but that Davey was great about participating in the activities, watching what others were doing and just generally having a good time. He also, thankfully, happily lay down and napped when everyone did and got in a good snooze.

When I got there he was so preoccupied, playing, that he didn't see me. When he came near, playing with the water fountain, I called out, "David," he turned toward me, his face lit up and he ran to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the playhouse repeating, "follow me!" He wanted to show me the "pasta" he had "cooked" in the playhouse. Then he repeated, as he sat in the sun, "I have fun at school!" I asked him to tell the teacher and he grabbed my hand, pulled me towards the teacher and told her, "I have fun at school!" Asked if he wanted to go home, the answer was, "noooo." When asked if he wanted to go get some milk, the answer was yes, and then he was okay with going home, too. We waved goodbye to the teachers and students and left for home.

Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment