Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starting to stress out

Sunday morning I'll drive away from the house with my laptop bag and a suitcase, headed for Oakland International Airport, where I'll board the first of two flights to take me to Baltimore, MD. I'll arrive in Baltimore a little before 11pm that night and stay there until flying home at 6:30 on Thursday evening. I'll be there for the annual Usability Professionals Association conference, which should be great. A couple tutorials, a few days of spending time with like-minded professionals, some interesting break-out sessions. I'll get to see a former Autodesk colleague, Rebecca Richkus, who will be attending the conference. And one evening I'll go to Camden Yards to catch an Orioles vs Astros baseball game. Maybe I can get some crab. Maybe I can sleep for 8 uninterrupted hours. Maybe a mani/pedi while on a break?

But I'm not going to be with Davey for all that time. *gack* This will be the first time I've spent a night (much less 5 nights!) away from him.

Cue the freak-out starting... NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment