Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh my gosh...


Yayyyyy!, originally uploaded by jessicafm.

...I'm giving David his first time out right now. He's throwing a complete tantrum right now because a) he's tired and b) he wants me to give him a package of dark chocolate. I gave him a small piece of chocolate after giving in initially but he absolutely flipped out when I put the package back in its place on the counter and walked away from it.

I know I can't give in to this type of behavior and he wants nothing to do with cuddling, reasoning or distraction with other toys and/or activities. So I calmly put him down on the floor of his room, told him I loved him, that he needed to calm down and that I would be back in five minutes.

He's still angry and crying, but he's got another two minutes to go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you're in for it now. The tantrums get bigger and better. Heehee. Hope you guys are all well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete