Wednesday, November 14, 2007

As high as an elephants eye


As high as an elephants eye, originally uploaded by jessicafm.

Forgive me, I'm woefully behind on blogging what's been going on in our lives! Time to post a little about Halloween.

We wanted to go to a pumpkin patch to help us get in the mood of the season. But not just some big ol' commercialized patch by the side of the freeway. I wanted Davey's first pumpkin patch to be authentic, rural and not all hyped-up. Through Marin Mommies I found Peterson's Pumpking Patch in Petaluma. It was exactly what I had in mind so Mark, Davey and I headed up and met Bonnie there. We were all really happy with what we found there and it was perfect.

There were Scottish Highland cows, all furry and friendly, hens, roosters, rabbits, geese, horses, a cat and a dog. There were bees as well, as the Peterson's keep bees and sell their honey. There was a huge patch full of pumpkins -- Cinderella style as well as sugar pie and tiny little gourds.

We got to wander around, feed the animals, explore the pumpkin patch. It was all great. Plus we left with one Cinderella, one regular and three little gourds for less than $10.

I expect we'll be going back again next year and for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment