Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday = Cooking Day?



Whew, today was a day of cooking! First thing in the morning I made a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins, which were a major hit with Davey and Mark (and me).

Enjoying chocolate chip banana muffins

Then, a little later in the morning, I started off a batch of Anadama Bread. I'd never made it before but another member of The Well mentioned it, it sounded good and I had all the ingredients in the pantry.

I followed the recipe closely except I omitted the butter as I wanted the recipe to be Davey friendly.



The dough was quite sticky, but it did come together and, as you can see in the photo above, was very happy and easily doubled itself.

When baked up it turned a beautiful brown. Once cooled and sliced, we found the crust to be a bit too tough and the flavor to be a little lacking, but the interior texture was fabulous. Next time I try it, I'll add more salt and substitute maybe some olive oil for the butter.



Regardless, Davey loved this bread and couldn't stuff it in his mouth fast enough. On his second piece, his mouth was literally so full he couldn't chew and he was motioning for more (uh, no).

No comments:

Post a Comment