Sunday, March 4, 2007

Last day of maternity leave

Tomorrow begins a new phase in our family unit: Mom going back to work. I know I'm lucky and got a longer maternity leave than most U.S. moms (and still have a job to go back to) -- nearly 6 months, including the time off before Davey was born. Also, of course, I'll be working from home 4 days a week. So what do I have to complain about? I suppose I shouldn't! But honestly, this has been 6 of the best months of my life and I'm concerned that I'm really going to miss having Davey's well-being as my full time job.

But it'll be good for Davey, Mark and I, right?

Tomorrow will likely be a light and short day at the office, as I'm taking Davey with me. He'll get to meet folks at my office and get a glimpse of where I'll be each Monday. Not that he'll remember, but I like the idea of this for easing my way back in to work.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have been sending you validation vibes all day today - yes, you are doing the right thing Jess! You are the best mommy I've seen come along in a LONG time and inspire me to be a better one myself so keep doing what you're doing and know that you are SOOPOIB at what you do! No one can take that away from you!

    ReplyDelete